In 2016, Electric City Soccer began a new program called the Advanced Development Program (ADP). The ADP program was created for players age 6-10 and based on the Academy model created by U.S. Soccer. The program was designed to provide a challenging environment for soccer players who want to continue to improve. The program is built on three principles: increased trainings, a challenging competition level, and increased sportsmanship. Since 2017, the program has been known as the Academy program.
Academy players train twice every week. They also play in the East Central Academy League. The Academy League plays on Saturdays and all teams come to one of two locations each week. Each week, our Academy teams play as Electric City against the other clubs.
Pillars of the Academy program
The Electric City Academy program is built on four key pillars. These pillars are part of the training young players receive to help their development as a player and as a person. These pillars are:
- Hard work and a desire to continually improve
- A Positive Attitude
What is the difference between Academy and Recreational (Rec) Soccer?
- Academy players practice two times a week, Rec soccer players practice 1 time each week.
- The Academy program uses a more advanced training curriculum than the Rec program does.
- Academy soccer can be done year-round. Rec soccer is only in spring.
- Academy teams are formed based on ability level. Rec teams are randomly chosen.
- Academy players play only against other clubs. Electric City Rec teams may play each other.
- Academy teams are flexible and may change week to week. Rec teams are set for the season.
- Academy players are held to a higher level of commitment than Rec players.
Electric City Soccer relies on volunteer coaches. Volunteer coaches form better connections with players. Volunteer coaches also help to keep the Club’s costs lower. Training help will be given by Electric City staff, but volunteer coaches will coach the games. If there are not volunteer coaches, the Club may not be able to offer a certain age group or may be forced to change the pricing. If you are willing to be a volunteer coach please contact Sam Bass, Nate Laabs, or Modeste Rouamba.
East Central Academy League
The East Central Academy League uses a different philosophy than the Recreational League. Players from Electric City all play together against other clubs. All Electric City teams play in the same location each Saturday. Rather than form set teams, pools of players are formed. Each week, teams are formed from that pool of players. A team may remain the same for many weeks, or teams may change from week to week. This gives the coaches the flexibility to move players around, as needed, to fill teams that are short or adjust the competitiveness of the game (if necessary). The East Central Academy League has the following goal: elminate lopsided games and try to keep the games competitive. Teams of a higher level are matched with teams of that level.
Levels of play for boys and girls:
- U7/U8: 4 v 4, no goalie, no referee
- U9/ U10: 7 v 7, with goalies, 3 referees, and offsides is called
How do I join?
Players do not try out to be in the Academy program. The Academy program is looking for the following:
- Players who want to be pushed to be better.
- Players who have the desire to listen and improve.
- Players who are committed to attending two training sessions a week.
- Players who are ready to work hard.
For specific questions, please contact our Academy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2021 + Full-year (Fall 2021-Spring 2022) Registration is Now Open!
For next season:
Birth years 2012 and 2013 will be 7v7
Birth years 2014 and 2015 will be 4v4.
Birth years 2016 and 2017 can sign up for our fall U6 session. That registration is also open now.
Registration is open now through August 1 (U6 registration closes July 28). We encourage everyone to register as soon as possible.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to email@example.com
Birth Year 2003-2011 - Classic and Elite Registration Now Open!
Academy Soccer U7-U10 - registration is now open until AUGUST 1
Recreational U6 - registration is now open until JULY 28